NOW FOR JUST $49.95
LATEST ARTICLESView All Articles
- Real estate chess: Buckle up!
- Why airlines don’t make for a good investment
- iSentia: a top-quality IPO
- Nasdaq Knock Out!
- Is China’s property market turning down?
- Will Ukraine’s Cold War heat up?
- Mining Closures Gather Pace
- Sometimes, it pays to find the truly visionary leaders
- Leighton’s share price: something stinks!
- One day, you’ll be glad you feel old and tired
- Ensure your tray tables are stowed!
- The Capital and Exploration Expenditure Cut – It’s Only Just Begun!
- Sirtex Share Price Soars
- Carsales: Cruising ahead of the pack
- The Merger of Myer and David Jones: TBC.
- 2013… what a year!
- Getting the best out of the team
- Rolling Stone rolls the stone away from the entrance to reveal…
- Back to the Future
- Gen Y will be buying cheaper houses soon
- QAN 2012 RESULTS CONTINUED
- Reporting season avalanche turns up another gem
- Welcome to RogerMontgomery.com
- Another Aussie Investing Classic.
- 2012 Prediction No#1. Will our banks raise capital?
- Are these the best value stocks right now?
- How does Roger Montgomery construct his share portfolio?
- Who asked for Easter holiday homework?
- Who makes your A1/A2 small cap list?
- How do your Value.able valuations compare?
- Is Apple an A1?
- Which 15 companies receive my A1 status?
Here is a chart of the share price of BC Iron Limited (ASX: BCI) – a company we do not have a stake in. Since 2010 here on the blog, we have been warning investors consistently about the dangers of ‘investing’ in iron ore and there is a very good reason we don’t like investing in mining companies. Let us explain. Continue reading
Last week, the extremely astute China-observer, Patrick Chovanec, tweeted the following chart that highlights the differences in population trajectories for some of the world’s major economies. While Germany, Russia and Japan are projected to shrink in size; the US and India are expected to grow. Continue reading
During Sky Business’ Your Money Your Call – on which the Montgomery team regularly appear – there is a segment entitled ‘Buy, Hold, Sell’. One of my preferred ‘Sells’ over recent years has been Arrium Ltd (ASX: ARI), formerly known as OneSteel. Continue reading
In the field of financial mathematics, for 50 or so years we have essentially been restating and coming up with different ways to answer the same question; if I know a stock price today, can I know the stock price tomorrow? Continue reading
For anyone reading this in New South Wales, I encourage you to consider a summer holiday at Hawks Nest. About 220km north of Sydney, both it and the neighbouring Tea Gardens offer many things; including beautiful beaches and bays, great seafood and a wonderful golf course. Continue reading