NOW FOR JUST $49.95
LATEST ARTICLESView All Articles
- The evolution of the music industry
- Buffett Watch
- Real estate chess: Buckle up!
- Why airlines don’t make for a good investment
- iSentia: a top-quality IPO
- Nasdaq Knock Out!
- Is China’s property market turning down?
- Will Ukraine’s Cold War heat up?
- Mining Closures Gather Pace
- Sometimes, it pays to find the truly visionary leaders
- Leighton’s share price: something stinks!
- One day, you’ll be glad you feel old and tired
- Ensure your tray tables are stowed!
- The Capital and Exploration Expenditure Cut – It’s Only Just Begun!
- Sirtex Share Price Soars
- Carsales: Cruising ahead of the pack
- The Merger of Myer and David Jones: TBC.
- 2013… what a year!
- Getting the best out of the team
- Rolling Stone rolls the stone away from the entrance to reveal…
- Back to the Future
- Gen Y will be buying cheaper houses soon
- QAN 2012 RESULTS CONTINUED
- Reporting season avalanche turns up another gem
- Welcome to RogerMontgomery.com
- Another Aussie Investing Classic.
- 2012 Prediction No#1. Will our banks raise capital?
- Are these the best value stocks right now?
- How does Roger Montgomery construct his share portfolio?
- Who asked for Easter holiday homework?
- Who makes your A1/A2 small cap list?
- How do your Value.able valuations compare?
- Is Apple an A1?
- Which 15 companies receive my A1 status?
SEEK (ASX:SEK) is a top ten holding in both The Montgomery Fund and The Montgomery [Private] Fund so we are pleased to hear, through the company’s latest update, that the business is performing ‘strongly’.
At the AGM today, Chief Executive Andrew Bassat told shareholders to expect guidance for 2015 – outlined in August – to be maintained. Continue reading
Just the other day we met with two executives from Village Roadshow Limited (ASX: VRL), Graham Burke, Managing Director and Adrian Fernando from investor relations, to discuss some of the trends in their business. It was quite an interesting meeting.
Although it was a bit of speed date – trying to fit in six company meetings in a day – we did spend a reasonable amount of time understanding not only their opportunities for development of theme/water parks in South East Asia, but also on the future of content delivery in Australia. Continue reading
Students of value investing will know that in past times, value investors paid great attention to accounting book values. One of the better-known strategies employed by the spiritual father of value investing, Ben Graham, was to try to acquire companies at market prices that were below their conservatively-estimated liquidation value.
This was not a strategy for the timid – companies that found themselves in this position frequently did go into liquidation. However, a diversified portfolio of companies that fitted this description could do well on average. Continue reading
In recent weeks you have probably noticed a dramatic increase in the volatility of Woolworths Limited (ASX:WOW) share price and wondered: what has changed recently? The answer is that something has caused the market to re-think the longer-term prospects of the business.
The detail is found in a very insightful conference call we had recently with the former head of Aldi UK, Paul Foley. Continue reading