NOW FOR JUST $49.95
LATEST ARTICLESView All Articles
- How big is Apple?
- The evolution of the music industry
- Buffett Watch
- Real estate chess: Buckle up!
- Why airlines don’t make for a good investment
- iSentia: a top-quality IPO
- Nasdaq Knock Out!
- Is China’s property market turning down?
- Will Ukraine’s Cold War heat up?
- Mining Closures Gather Pace
- Sometimes, it pays to find the truly visionary leaders
- Leighton’s share price: something stinks!
- One day, you’ll be glad you feel old and tired
- Ensure your tray tables are stowed!
- The Capital and Exploration Expenditure Cut – It’s Only Just Begun!
- Sirtex Share Price Soars
- Carsales: Cruising ahead of the pack
- The Merger of Myer and David Jones: TBC.
- 2013… what a year!
- Getting the best out of the team
- Rolling Stone rolls the stone away from the entrance to reveal…
- Back to the Future
- Gen Y will be buying cheaper houses soon
- QAN 2012 RESULTS CONTINUED
- Reporting season avalanche turns up another gem
- Welcome to RogerMontgomery.com
- Another Aussie Investing Classic.
- 2012 Prediction No#1. Will our banks raise capital?
- Are these the best value stocks right now?
- How does Roger Montgomery construct his share portfolio?
- Who asked for Easter holiday homework?
- Who makes your A1/A2 small cap list?
- How do your Value.able valuations compare?
- Is Apple an A1?
- Which 15 companies receive my A1 status?
At the inception of the Montaka Global Fund on July 1 we invested, on behalf of our clients, against the business models of some very high-profile, luxury brands, like Prada, Michael Kors and Coach. Continue reading
We think this is the highest quality business that no one has ever heard of. French company, Essilor International (Euronext: EI), is the clear global leader in eyeglass lenses. Chances are, the lenses through which you are reading this blog are made by Essilor. Continue reading
The chief economist at the Bank of England recently made a speech in which he mentioned the increase in capital management (ie. increased dividend payout and buy back activity) by public companies as having consequences for economic growth. Continue reading
When you last bought a parcel of shares, were you investing or speculating? The term speculation carries some negative connotations, evoking thoughts of risk and recklessness, and is probably not one many of us would want to identify with. It’s a distinction that often arises in financial journalism and marketing, with money managers typically laying claim to the investor label to convey that what they are doing is good, wholesome and professional, and not prone to misadventure. Continue reading
Despite their well regarded Board of Directors, Ten Network Holdings Limited (ASX: TEN) has been one of the more disappointing industrial companies listed on the Australian Securities Exchange over recent years. Continue reading