LATEST ARTICLESView All Articles
- Getting the best out of the team
- Rolling Stone rolls the stone away from the entrance to reveal…
- Back to the Future
- Gen Y will be buying cheaper houses soon
- QAN 2012 RESULTS CONTINUED
- Reporting season avalanche turns up another gem
- Welcome to RogerMontgomery.com
- Another Aussie Investing Classic.
- 2012 Prediction No#1. Will our banks raise capital?
- Are these the best value stocks right now?
- How does Roger Montgomery construct his share portfolio?
- Who asked for Easter holiday homework?
- Who makes your A1/A2 small cap list?
- How do your Value.able valuations compare?
- Is Apple an A1?
- Which 15 companies receive my A1 status?
Well, it’s that time of year again. The time I traditionally throw a cat amongst the pigeons to get everyone to think carefully about what they are doing and to question whether they should continue with it next year. This year, I have deliberately fired up the ether with a claim that a particular stream of charting or technical analysis is rubbish… Let’s see whether anyone can conjure up evidence that ‘support’ and ‘resistance’ stands up to the scrutiny of mathematical and statistical evaluation. Continue reading
One of the things that keeps the equity markets interesting is the way different investment attributes fall in and out of fashion. For example, in recent times we have seen a marked preference for large, dividend paying stocks, which we expect is a reflection of record low interest rates, and a quest for better income returns with low perceived risk.
A slightly less obvious development has been a move by the market away from high quality companies and into lower quality issues. Continue reading
Veda opens near our intrinsic value estimate of $1.77.
As you know we have been speaking about the only game in town being the current rash of IPOs for some time. Continue reading
Things are looking tough for the Mining Services sector. Intense competition, falling revenue and lower margins were laid bare in the latest round of Annual General Meeting (AGM) presentations. Continue reading