NOW FOR JUST $49.95
LATEST ARTICLESView All Articles
- Nasdaq Knock Out!
- Is China’s property market turning down?
- Will Ukraine’s Cold War heat up?
- Mining Closures Gather Pace
- Sometimes, it pays to find the truly visionary leaders
- Leighton’s share price: something stinks!
- One day, you’ll be glad you feel old and tired
- Ensure your tray tables are stowed!
- The Capital and Exploration Expenditure Cut – It’s Only Just Begun!
- Sirtex Share Price Soars
- Carsales: Cruising ahead of the pack
- The Merger of Myer and David Jones: TBC.
- 2013… what a year!
- Getting the best out of the team
- Rolling Stone rolls the stone away from the entrance to reveal…
- Back to the Future
- Gen Y will be buying cheaper houses soon
- QAN 2012 RESULTS CONTINUED
- Reporting season avalanche turns up another gem
- Welcome to RogerMontgomery.com
- Another Aussie Investing Classic.
- 2012 Prediction No#1. Will our banks raise capital?
- Are these the best value stocks right now?
- How does Roger Montgomery construct his share portfolio?
- Who asked for Easter holiday homework?
- Who makes your A1/A2 small cap list?
- How do your Value.able valuations compare?
- Is Apple an A1?
- Which 15 companies receive my A1 status?
I have just returned from a short trip to the US, where I saw Bubba Watson win the US Masters at The Augusta National Golf Club. While this is indeed an extraordinary sporting event, I think I now have a better idea why US corporate profit margins (as a percent of nominal GDP) are at record-high levels. Continue reading
Longer-term followers of our insights might remember our warning late last year, when we wrote: “…Superannuation will be no good for you if you are under 50 today, so invest the absolute minimum amount. That means no salary sacrificing, no co-contributions, and no non-concessional contributions. Ignore the calls to save tax and boost your super.” Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I was fortunate enough to attend a breakfast in New York hosted by our then Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer, Wayne Swan. Mr Swan delivered a presentation on the Australian economy to global market investors and observers. Continue reading
Recently, I contributed an article to the April 2014 edition of the ASX Investor Update email newsletter, which was then published on the ASX website. In what was essentially a checklist in helping spot great companies, I nominated 15 that fit the criteria. Read the full article here, and to register with the MyASX newsletter, click here.