LATEST ARTICLESView All Articles
- Getting the best out of the team
- Rolling Stone rolls the stone away from the entrance to reveal…
- Back to the Future
- Gen Y will be buying cheaper houses soon
- QAN 2012 RESULTS CONTINUED
- Reporting season avalanche turns up another gem
- Welcome to RogerMontgomery.com
- Another Aussie Investing Classic.
- 2012 Prediction No#1. Will our banks raise capital?
- Are these the best value stocks right now?
- How does Roger Montgomery construct his share portfolio?
- Who asked for Easter holiday homework?
- Who makes your A1/A2 small cap list?
- How do your Value.able valuations compare?
- Is Apple an A1?
- Which 15 companies receive my A1 status?
As you must well know by now, we have been suggesting investors be wary of mining and mining services companies for over a year and half. Now that the somewhat predictable recession is occurring, most of the commentary centres on the present malaise.
Eurovision 2013 – a glittering spectacle where Europeans come together to celebrate national pride – has drawn to a close. What better time to release a study that shows just how differently each European nation views itself – and each other?
The financial markets seem to have a lot of moving parts at the moment. Relatively swift changes to exchange rates, commodity prices, interest rates, GDP outlooks and share prices have made it increasingly challenging for a value investor to arrive at a clear view on how best to allocate investment funds. Continue reading
Part one of a two part series on the demise of Australia
Last week’s year-six father and son breakfast was never expected to throw up any investment ideas. Indeed, I was so focused on the kids that I wasn’t even listening out for investment insights when one hit me, or, to be more accurate, brushed gently before me.
Kopi Luwak refers to the beans of coffee berries once they have been eaten and excreted by the Asian Palm Civet. Passing through a civet’s intestines, the beans are then defecated with other fecal matter and collected, dried and eaten or drunk… or perhaps eaten by drunks.