YOU MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING BEFORE POSTING A COMMENT
Rules about the use of this website are set out in these Comment Rules and the Important Information page. If you do not agree to those rules, please do not post anything on this website.
Self Managed Shares Pty Limited and its employees, directors and associates take what we do seriously. The ability to post comments on this website is for the purpose of the discussion of the relevant topics only. Any postings or activities that we consider to be outside of this specific purpose may be deleted by us and your account suspended or cancelled in our sole discretion without any notice to you.
Self Managed Shares does not necessarily monitor, curate, vet or approve posts to the website but may do so in its sole discretion. If you have any concerns about any posts on this website please email email@example.com giving full details.
In particular you must not post material:
- as the holder of an Australian Financial Services licence or the representative of such a holder without the prior written consent of Self Managed Shares;
- that is defamatory or abusive;
- that is obscene or vulgar;
- which is in contempt of court, in breach of any privacy provisions, in breach of any confidence or court order or otherwise violates any law;
- that threatens, intimidates or harasses any person;
- that is in breach of any copyright of any person or entity or which constitutes any breach of trademark or other intellectual property right or which is deceptive or misleading;
- that is involved in or promotes any illegal activity;
- that contains a virus or other damaging code or material;
- offering any securities for sale or issue;
- that is in breach of any rights of any person;
- that is offensive or involves unlawful discrimination against any person or group on the basis of age, gender, religion, race or ethnicity, disability, sexuality or any other attribute recognised by any Australian law relating to discrimination; and
- that seeks to impersonate another person or entity or that represents that you hold a position that you do not in fact hold.
By posting your comment:
- you grant to Self Managed Shares an irrevocable, perpetual royalty free licence to display, publish or otherwise deal with such material in any form, edited or otherwise and by any means or technology;
- you acknowledge that postings will be archived for a period of at least 2 years;
- you acknowledge that serious penalties apply for posting material that is misleading or deceptive, or that amounts to market manipulation or insider trading;
- you acknowledge that you are personally responsible for your postings (including any alterations you make to postings). Therefore, you should not include any misleading or deceptive information in your postings and not carry out illegal or unauthorised activities using this website. Information in postings may, where appropriate, be made available to the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). ASIC and people acting on such information may take action against you;
- you acknowledge that if you include links to other websites, you may be seen as endorsing the material on such websites. It may be advisable for you to warn people accessing other websites that you do not endorse or take responsibility for material in the linked websites;
- you acknowledge that if you own or have some interest in a financial product, or you have any connection with an issuer of a financial product that you might benefit from, you should disclose that fact. For example, you may be entitled to direct or indirect commissions, fees or other benefits from a financial product or service provider; or you may be associated with a particular financial product issuer such as being an employee or director of that issuer. If so, you must disclose that fact in your posting; and
- you acknowledge that if Self Managed Shares finds or suspects that you are making illegal or unauthorised postings, your right to make postings will be withdrawn
- you acknowledge that, as postings are, at best general information, not professional investment advice prepared by taking into account any individual circumstances and need of particular investors. Therefore before acting on the basis of what is said you should consider consulting a licensed adviser (the Australian Securities & Investments Commission’s (ASIC) website at www.asic.gov.au has a list of licensed advisers) or visit ASIC’s consumer website at www.moneysmart.com.au for general guidance about investing
- you acknowledge that you will not have any access to an ASIC-approved dispute resolution scheme if you rely on any posts in the comments sections
- you acknowledge that you are obliged to alert us or the ASIC Infoline on 1300 300 630 if you have good reason to suspect that any postings are inaccurate, are based on inside information or are likely to mislead or deceive people who view or use the postings
- you acknowledge that the ability to post comments on this website is for the purpose of the discussion of the relevant topics only. Any postings or activities that we consider to be outside of this specific purpose may be deleted by us and your account suspended or cancelled in our sole discretion without any notice to you.
DISCLAIMERS, LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION
a) The views expressed by other posters are not the views of Self Managed Shares or MIM, and as such they accept no responsibility for any loss you may incur as a result of relying on such content.
b) You should be aware that other posters might not be who they claim to be. Self Managed Shares will not verify or confirm any poster’s details. You should also be aware that other posters might attempt to use the comments section for personal gain and you should approach postings with appropriate skepticism.
c) You are responsible for your own investment decisions. You are solely responsible for analysing and verifying any information you may seek to or intend to rely on.
d) Self Managed Shares retains the right, in its sole discretion, to remove posts of an illegal, unauthorised, threatening, discriminatory or potentially defamatory nature, and permanently ban those who seek to breach any terms or posting, website rules, laws or legal guidelines.
e) Self Managed Shares will archive all posts for at least two years.
f) We are not responsible for your content or the content within any websites and/or other sources referenced within it.
g) We are not responsible for online or offline conduct of any poster.
h) You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the comments sections and the use of the website and content is entirely at your own risk.
i) You understand that these terms and conditions are based on and governed by Australian law. If you choose to access the website outside of Australia you are responsible for complying with all relevant local laws.
j) Because of the nature of the internet, it may be hard to identify or locate the person making a posting. The person may also be in an overseas jurisdiction, so it may be hard to take any legal action against them.
k) you agree to indemnify and hold us, Self Managed Shares Pty Ltd, Montgomery Investment Management Pty Limited and their employees and officers harmless from any loss, liability, cost, expense, claim or demand due or relating or arising from your use of the website in violation of these terms and conditions.
l) You continue to retain any right to content ownership, but by displaying, publishing or uploading any content in the website you grant to us an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive licence (including the right to sub-licence that content to any person or entity), to use, modify, delete add, create derivative works off, reproduce and distribute the content in or through the website for any reason.